Skip to main content

Disney of Atlanta

 Most people expect to take a vacation during the summer months. Whether its a beach getaway or a trip overseas, every hard-working adult has come to expect this time of respite. I even remember being asked, "where did you go or what did you do over the summer?" the first day of elementary school. Well, this year Matthew, Silas and I would probably announce our trip to Scottish Rite at Children's Health Care. It's the Disney World of Atlanta (at least for Silas). Maybe it's just because Northside wasn't really geared towards kids, but CHOA is an unbelievable place to take a two-year old. Silas couldn't wait to go back this morning;  we had to drag him away from the train station, library, playground, fish tank and interactive board. That said, we are missing the Northside NICU a lot. I'm sure the care teams at CHOA are great, but right now, they just don't compare to the men and women who became like surrogates to our little Levi. No more private room, no more special treatment, and no more sweet motherly touch. Hopefully we won't be at this NICU for another four months though, so I'll take it!
Levi did exceptional with the transfer yesterday, so thank you all for your prayers! I found myself a bit panicked Wednesday night. It was like the anxiety I felt the day before my first day teaching high school students. Nervous, anxious, excited fear. Then, walking the halls of a new major Children's hospital, I realized the difficulties and the hardships people face watching their small children deal with major terminal illnesses. I breathed deep and reflected much on the eternal blessings I carry daily. Not everyone feels comfortable talking about such deep facts of life, especially during a vacation-driven holiday weekend, but it's not sad for me to think about all these children and babies fighting to live because children don't look at the world like we do. They don't think they are missing out on a beach getaway; they are laughing and playing in their own Atlanta Disney World. They truly get how we are suppose to live... way more than we do... and it's that infectious attitude I hope to take home.

Our big man was exhausted in between Disney Days

Our Little man earlier today before surgery

Thank you for praying for our Levi during surgery today. I felt peace all morning up until the moment they called to ask if I had any last minute questions. When the doctor and nurse said that they'd "take good care of him." I lost it. I somehow flooded with the emotion of giving my child away to strangers to be surgically dissected. Then, we prayed, hugged, and continued to choose to trust. We are so blessed!  As I type, my little boy is getting a cool G button in his tummy, and having his stomach wrapped around his esophagus (all of which should help him get better and better).

We will let you know how surgery and recovery goes. Thank you for prayers and love!

~Disney Buster

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew