Shock and Surprise
Thank you so much for your prayers for our family as well. The meeting yesterday was a "shock" to the discharge nurse who hadn't scheduled it herself (I scheduled it on my own accord), but it ended up being part of God's perfect plan. Not only were we able to gather much of Levi's team in one place to express our sincere gratitude and obtain answers to practical in-home care questions, but the timing was perfect! Last night we were surprised to get a call from the GI doctor giving us the name of the surgeon who will be performing Levi's G-tube-FUNDO wrap surgery in two days! Levi is leaving his home at Northside tomorrow after a four month stint and heading across the street to CHOA! This was a huge surprise because we were just told yesterday morning that it probably would not occur until after the 4th of July holiday. We were also grateful to God that the neurosurgeon evaluated Levi and concluded that his muscles are still too small for a biopsy this week, so he'd rather wait until he's closer to nine months! Praise God we get more time to let Levi grow on his own accord!
It's also been a sweet blessing that our best friends are home from Italy and have dropped everything to come play with Silas during our sporadic hospital move..... Thank you Karrs!
- Levi is leaving Northside and about to get tubes out of his nose and throat!
- Silas continues to remain flexible during such a crazy time in our lives!
- Our meeting was smooth, sweet, and as conclusive as possible yesterday!
- Please pray for Levi's transport tomorrow. He'll be leaving all the doctors and nurses he's come to love and know.
- Please pray for the new team taking care of Levi. He's always been a quirky and sensitive patient.
- Please pray for the surgery scheduled for Thursday afternoon. Levi will have to be under anesthesia, intubated (back on a vent), and of course all surgery comes with risks.
- Please pray that Levi responds well to the G-tube. Not only do we want him to be able to handle stomach feeds, but we really want him to get off the vent as soon as possible after surgery. If he doesn't handle the intubation well, he could end up back at Northside all over again before he can come home.
- Please pray for the surgeon who will be using Laparoscopic technology to do the surgery.
- Please pray for Matthew and I to easily understand all that will go into feeding Levi and caring for him in this new unique way when he's home.
-Please pray that Levi comes home in God's perfect timing.
Thank you so very much for your love and prayers!
- Surprised Buster