Skip to main content

Greener Grass

The word "covet" is one of those "churchy" words that you rarely use outside of Biblical understanding; however, here's how Mirriam Webster defines covet:

:  to wish for earnestly <covet an award>
:  to desire (what belongs to another) inordinately or culpably
 
Coveting comes quite naturally as one sees in young children. They are usually only fighting over a toy when the other finds it interesting. It's not until someone else has something we can see that we want it. Without the visual reminder, we rarely struggle because the comparison is nonexistent. 
 
Likewise, I find myself strangely envious of very pregnant women these days. One would assume I'd feel somewhat lucky that I eluded the difficult third trimester. No swollen limbs; no uncomfortable sleep; no aching, stretching, or excessive weight gain. But I really would take all of that in stride and joy if I could trade the difficulties of the past few months. Then it hits me- other people are probably looking at my sweet Silas, or my little Levi completely jealous that God has blessed me with these precious lives I get to call my own children. It's easy to view what we lack. It's rather rare to focus on what we've been spared because we can't comprehend the millions of hardships we will never encounter. Thanks be to God!

Even though Levi didn't follow my ideal birth plan, I surprisingly would love to have more children. We have no clue what this looks like, of course, and I haven't even brought my second child through my front door yet, but for some strange reason (even with unclear odds that we'd repeat this scenario), I still find myself desirous of more babies. Maybe because I lost one and have fought so hard for the other, but I just think it's an absolute miracle to watch children grow. Like this little man growing up every day before my eyes-

Real men always choose pink. :)

Beyond blessed that we have so many loving friends to come play when mommy and daddy need to be with Levi

No matter how busy they are, our friends change their plans to love our Silas. Thank you!

We've had news that could be seen as negative, but I'm choosing to see how green our grass is and look at it from a different perspective (it doesn't always come naturally, but I must choose this route with much conviction). 

PRAISES
  • Levi may try ROOM AIR later this week.... will keep you posted!
  • Levi has had more movement in his weak arm!
  • I went dairy-free for a month, and they still have 25 days worth of milk for my man, so I get to take a break and enjoy my cheesy, buttery, milk delights again!
  • Levi weighed in last night at 7 pounds 7 ounces!
  • Levi is showing some "normal" behavior when given "tastings" of milk (interest, mouth movement, etc.).
  • We had a great visit with Levi last night and this morning!
PRAYER PLEASE
  • The OT said that Levi's tastings are not progressing enough, and she believes he wouldn't be able to handle a "swallow study." Without a miracle or LOTS of time (months worth of therapy), she thinks it would be too traumatic to try to give him a bottle because his swallowing is so delayed. Once we check off other things, we may be looking at some type of permanent feeding tube coming home. Praying for that miracle though!
  • Still waiting to hear about muscular disorder blood results.... Hope to hear later today...
  • The doctor still wants to do a "sleep study" to check and see what's happening with Levi's neurological senses, which means he'll have to get off caffeine to see if he has finally developed his natural ability to breathe on his own. 
  • Still waiting to hear from the hand surgeon's analysis too.
  • We still have NO clue when Levi will come home; peace as we wait on God's perfect timing and not worry about what we will or will not deal with when that time comes. 
We are so blessed in so many ways. I hope you feel the same way today!  Thank you for loving us so well!
 
 ~Greener Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew

The CubBuster's still got it!

Yes that's right, the Atlanta Braves 2010 opening season began against the infamous Chicago Cubs. My co-worker, office-mate, and dear friend Peter Collman is a baseball (well I guess all sports) fanatic, and knew that to start the season right, he needed to invite the CubBuster to be sure the Braves started the season with a win! The second game of the season started off slow with a 1-0 lead for the Braves, but at the beginning of the 8th, Atlanta was losing to Chicago 2-1. Although others may be slightly tense at this predicament, I was calm and collected knowing I possessed a special gift of busting up on a certain kind of cub. Thank goodness I've still got it (and I guess Chipper still has it too!). Jones hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning and held off the Cubs for a 3-2 win! The CubBuster lives on! Thanks Pete for a fun night! You can see other pics from Turner Field on my Pictures page... ~THE CubBuster