Skip to main content

Thank you!

 
Tonight I walked through the halls of Northside Hospital for a few quiet moments as I tried to digest all that has happened in the last 72 hours. There are times when I feel completely unsure of why so many people have wanted to help me and my family. I wonder why because I think that we haven't experienced any more than anyone else. There are so many around the world facing unimaginable pain that makes my heart hurt. My current troubles don't seem any more significant.
Yet, then I realize that if I were watching someone else go through the uncertainty of losing a child, gaining a disabled child, missing a child, or physical discomfort of any kind, I realize that I'd want to love on that person in any way that I could too. But let me please say that each of you has touched Matthew, me and our boys in ways we cannot express. I know this new journey of hospital visits is just beginning, but I'm so filled with love tonight that I find myself wanting to love on every single nurse, tech, or stranger I pass in the halls. I've never been less occupied with myself and more interested in others than I am right now.
That said, it has been hard to let so many love on me, but I want to thank you because your love, tangible gifts, and prayers have enabled me to love others who are equally hurting in this world. Your love is pouring out of me and enabling me to heal in ways I wouldn't otherwise.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5 says it better than I can:   "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ."
Whatever you are facing today whether you think it's worthy of calling a trouble or not, know that love is everywhere, and God's love can truly give you joy and purpose in every moment. We aren't here very long, whether a few hours, a few years, or a few decades, so know that you are loved dearly, and I thank God for you. 
Matthew and I believe prayer is a real a powerful thing. We've seen it change lives, so there's no denying it. If you would like to pray for us, here's what's on our hearts today:
1. Levi's genetic testing that was postponed today, and hopefully will occur tomorrow
2. Levi's heart murmur found today that they say is completely normal but may take time or meds to heal
3. Levi's continued PT sessions and success with his limbs
4. Levi's peace, rest, and growth. And hopefully Katie can hold him soon.
5. The transition Katie will undergo leaving Levi tomorrow to go home
6. Silas' transition as our lives change
7. Katie's desire to be a part of every aspect of both her boys lives. Giving up control to God.
8. Katie's quick healing so she can take care of all three of her boys
9. Matthew's rest and peace as he cares for his family
10. All the people caring for Levi and the lives that will intersect with the Smiths, that they will be joy to all they meet

Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. I will probably keep thanking you, and I know I don't need to, but I don't know how else to tell you we love you and appreciate you!
With love,
CubBuster, Matthew, Silas, and Levi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew