Thursday, April 1, 2010

Who ya gonna call?


So my father informed me that I have missed an essential element of my childhood nickname. I would be remiss if I did not mention another key factor in the coining of the name Katie Cub Buster. Not only did the Padres beat the Cubs in 1984, but apparently the Ghost Busters movie was at it's peak in popularity right around the time of my birth. Yes, the original Ghost Busters movie with Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Sigourney Weaver hit the big screen in June of '84. I'm under the assumption that everyone has seen this classic tale of good versus evil, but it not, PLEASE go out today and rent it! You are missing out on one of the great movies of the 80's! (It actually kind of scared me quite a bit as a little kid, but I'm sure you all can handle it.) Well, it makes even more sense now why I was called Katie Cub Buster. Thanks for the clarification Dad!

~Coffee CubBuster

1 comment:

  1. Great picture too ... very striking resemblance to your baby pictures. You should do a side-by-side so everyone can compare little Katie CubBuster to the Marshmallow ghost.

    ReplyDelete