Skip to main content

Beth and Betty!


Saturday was a sopping wet day in the ATL, but it was a great day for an indoor conference! I got to go see Beth Moore at Woodstock Baptist Church (which is like the size of Phillips Arena mind you) as she spoke about her new book So Long Insecurity. Now I know what your thinking because I thought the same thing and Beth actually mentioned my thoughts aloud at the start of the conference. "Many of you probably didn't buy the book because you don't want to be carrying around a book about insecurity when most people wouldn't call you an insecure person." Yes Beth, I didn't buy the book until after your conference! :)  The book itself isn't some self-help saga on how to love yourself.... no no.... don't let the title mislead you. I haven't started it yet, but after the awesome day, I'm excited to read it.
I HAVE however read many other books and bible studies by Beth that I would highly recommend including, Breaking Free, The Esther Bible Study, A Heart Like His study on David, and others. She is a wonderful writer, speaker and woman of God. It was an amazing day!
Sunday began with completely gorgeous weather so Matthew and I took an awesome drive to Helen and I would say that even though my allergies acted up, a trip to Helen is worth it for Betty's coffee! Um yes... As the Coffee CubBuster, I have to take a minute and salute Betty! Oh Betty's.... how I love thee....
Betty's General Store in Helen is the cutest old timey country store that also sells and brews there own beans. I can't go to Helen without buying some of those almondy, medium-bodied, rusticly fresh beans! I don't even think some of those descriptions are real words! Still, the store itself is like Disney World for me. I'm not exaggerating either. I don't know what it is..... You know when you go to that place that reminds you of your old grandmother's house with the calm and peace of a more simpler time filled with freshly squeezed lemonade, rocking chairs on the porch of her mountain house on the perfect fall day and she brings you out a warm homemade gooey chocolate chip cookie? Okay.... I went a little overboard and neither of my grandmother's lives in a place like that, but you get the picture. For some reason that I don't know why, that is how Betty's will make you feel! :)
I recommend a visit there asap-- although I've probably built it up so much that it's going to be a let down. Well, think of a place that makes you feel like I just described and take a day to visit it and breathe a little deeper.
Can't wait to brew some Betty's tomorrow morning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...