Skip to main content

Gorgeousness and Granola

Matthew and I got to (finally) congratulate the two hottest people east of the Mississippi on their (not so new) engagement this past Sunday! Yes, these two gorgeous people will be making even more gorgeous babies one day. I've already called dibs on baby number one so don't even try it!
My college roomie Tionya "T" and her fiance Roswell will be tying the knot in November in the beautiful Virgin Islands, and sadly I won't be able to see them exchange vows of love. Although when we met for lunch in downtown Duluth (really quaint restaurant-- Park Cafe) you could tell within seconds how much love they have between them. I'm so blessed to have their love and friendship! Can't wait to celebrate when they get back from the tropics! Yall better where that sunscreen-- T --you know you are tan enough give it a rest! I'm still trying to catch up with you and have perfect skin!

I also made some really awesome homemade granola this weekend. I've tried Giada's (yes she is gorgeous too!) recipe twice now, and I really like putting it in a smaller pan and adding dark chocolate chips! I LOVE granola bars, so this was a pretty healthy way to make my own "all-natural" ones, and it's a great munchy snack that lasts for weeks (or hours if you live with me!)
Enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
  • Nonstick cooking spray
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup chopped roasted and salted almonds
  • 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
  • 1 cup dried cranberries

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread the pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, brown sugar, cranberry juice, and cinnamon over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved.
In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and salt.
Pour the maple mixture over the oat mixture and stir until combined. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Stir in the cranberries and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until the mixture begins to brown. Cool completely. Store airtight in a plastic container for up to 1 week.

Mmmmm... The perfect sweet and salty snack! That's alliteration folks. Yes--have a treat and learn some literary devices while you're at it!  


~ Gorgeous Granola Buster

Comments

  1. I am loving all these new fun recipes! You are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew

The CubBuster's still got it!

Yes that's right, the Atlanta Braves 2010 opening season began against the infamous Chicago Cubs. My co-worker, office-mate, and dear friend Peter Collman is a baseball (well I guess all sports) fanatic, and knew that to start the season right, he needed to invite the CubBuster to be sure the Braves started the season with a win! The second game of the season started off slow with a 1-0 lead for the Braves, but at the beginning of the 8th, Atlanta was losing to Chicago 2-1. Although others may be slightly tense at this predicament, I was calm and collected knowing I possessed a special gift of busting up on a certain kind of cub. Thank goodness I've still got it (and I guess Chipper still has it too!). Jones hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning and held off the Cubs for a 3-2 win! The CubBuster lives on! Thanks Pete for a fun night! You can see other pics from Turner Field on my Pictures page... ~THE CubBuster