I loved my little monsters and wished I had more time to come up with an adult version of the Pip and Posy Scary Monster book costumes.
- Levi has been on the acid-reflux med for a week now, and he's still spitting up anytime he's awake at the end of a feeding (his feeds still take one hour to cycle through 120 milliliters of milk). It's hard to always force him to stay asleep at the end of his feeds, so I'm looking into what else (if anything) we can do to help him keep food down better.
- Levi is up to a whopping 14 pounds 13 ounces! Happy 8 month birthday big boy!
- While we see minor improvements in his feeding and hand therapy, the marathon will continue. I have already been told that it may be years before he gets his g-tube out, so don't be shocked at the snail pace. I think those who keep up with him don't always know the importance of small victories (like not spitting up when a pacifier touches his gum line- YAY!). He's taking some drops of milk by mouth, but feeding therapy is never a sprint people. If you want to learn patience, have a child with special needs. I'm beyond grateful for Levi's needs because it only makes me a better mom, a better wife, and a better person.
- He's much more adjusted to his leg braces, and we'll see his orthopaedic doctor in a couple weeks to check on the development of his feet.
- Praise God we have all been healthy for quite a while!
Happy birthday to my unbelievable husband too. He happens to be one of the most amazing people I know. He makes me better every day I'm with him. And he's one of the few people who'd rather celebrate his birthday by focusing on others enjoy his day than focusing on himself. Love you Matthew!
|The matching ensemble was pure coincidence!|
|This is what happens when you eat too much Halloween candy!|