Skip to main content

Granola coffee rap

There's no coffee in this homemade granola, but it sure goes well with some afternoon decaf coffee (which I now partake in almost every day- try Trader Joes or Fresh Market for the best kinds). I start making it every fall, and even though we are having a warm snap this week, it's a tradition that makes me remember the cool air is coming.
It's Giada's homemade cranberry nut granola recipe found here. I didn't have cranberry juice, but OJ works just as good (so do raisins if you're short on craisins... kind of changes the name a bit though).
Someone is already eager to feed himself.
I little too eager.
Kind of like his precious Texas cousin. Happy first birthday Tanner!
We tried on our other cousin's warm hat, but it was a bit snug. Thanks anyway Easton.
Dental hygiene is of the utmost importance around here.
Matthew asked Silas to trust him as he swung his long driver club over his mouth.  Yeah right. What kind of mother would I be!?!  He's not ready for that...  yet.
If you want to see this boy smile, all you have to do is rap. 
Seriously....he's straight up gangsta.
~Coffee CubBuster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...