Skip to main content

Transition Time

Once upon a time there was a little girl with naivete and purity of spirit. She dreamed of making the world a better place. Her dreams included as few changes as possible; she wanted to live simply as a wife and mother, and she hoped she could make as many people smile along the way as possible. She soon discovered that the world held harsh realities, dystopian complexes, and curve balls should couldn't avoid. She also learned that the changes and trials in life were actually blessings disguised. This truth aided in her ability to view the world through lavender lenses instead of rose-rimmed ones.

Soon, she would face the impurities of her own nature: she cared more about the opinions of others than she ever wanted to admit. She believed the cultural lies she was daily fed, and her sense of purpose teetered on uncertainty.  Before she knew it, she was caught up in the temporal temptations and earthly extras that hoard so many homes. Thanks be to her Lord, she was never more than a stones-throw away from being pulled back to the core of truth. Thus, she began to rest easy, peaceful in her identity in Him. She welcomed her new lot and sought to let go of her own plans each day.

This same girl, now a wife and mother, embraced her new job of parenting and prepared for the exciting new doors that were sure to open for ministry, work, and life.




With a baby arriving any time, my last day of full-time teaching this week, and closing on our first house this week, I could easily freak out as I may have many years ago. Yet, I am resting easy, excited about the new adventures God has planned. He has protected my planning heart from over-thinking, and I feel so humbled by such blessings this year. As I prepare for the amazing Easter season, I am thankful I have a God who bears all my burdens and takes me through all of life's new challenges. "We can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us."  Philippians 4:13

~CC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew