Skip to main content

Smith Nursery

Many people have asked what colors I'm using in the nursery since we don't know the gender of our little one. I always say, "The sames ones I'd use if I did know the gender."  Personally I'm not really into the color pink or blue, so I'm excited to have things I can use either way. It's hard to get a good feel from these pics, but it's the little details that make if feel special.

We received some beautiful furniture from my in-laws. Of course I loved the "espresso" color. Who doesn't love espresso-anything right? (my child is going to be a coffee addict early on) We just have to get our changing pad to put on top of the dresser and the room will be complete. The pictures in the background were painted by one of my former students. She did a fantastic job- 1-to-2-to-3 sparrows. Precious.

The bumpers will have to go for the first few months, but I wanted to get a good feel for how they'd look. There are little trees on the inside and a design with giraffes and other little do-dads on the outside. The crib is 4-in-1 with a bottom drawer. It's amazing! Matthew put it all together himself. Such a great dad already!
Until we move into our house, oh... did I mention we bought a house? :)  It's been a whirlwind, but more about that later...we will just have our guest bed in the nursery. The owl pillow really ties it all together.
I love this mobile from Etsy with different owls and a moon and star; it really added the finishing touch to the room.
No our baby hasn't been born yet, but I know it will be even cuter than this little bundle.
These lamps were the perfect color for the room. Thank you Target. My girls gave this great little frame last week too. Can't wait to put our Baby's announcement in it.
How great is this basket with the monogrammed handle?!? So versatile. I love it. Thanks Su and Laura!
This was my first nesting project- giving baby a shelf. I think he/she will have plenty to snuggle up to.
After I pack our bags this week, we'll be ready to roll out. Can't wait to meet you Baby Smith!
~MamaBuster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew