Skip to main content

How to paint your face on...lesson 1

After my friend Lindsey rang in the new year in Atlanta, she was gracious enough to accompany me to a "make-up lesson." As many of you know, I haven't quite found a close relationship with any possible mainstream misses like Mary Kay, Loreal, or Cover Girl. My closest relationship has occurred with a funny contraption that hugs my eyelashes together to make them salute you proper.
So... I was excited to get a lesson for my potential wedding makeup. Needless to say, I feel like I'm a real woman now. I bought a couple staples, and my skin seems to like this organic line--Aveda. I wear significantly less than was brushed onto me during the lesson, but hey, I'm a naaturraalll woooooooman. Aretha knows what I'm talkin bout!

Um... is she trying to glue that foam to her eye?
This was one the first coat of paint yall

Wait, I'm suppose to "line" my eyes and lips??
Who has time for that when you eat like me?
Lindsey was so serene.
It was like watching a foreign film.
I was peaceful and learned so much.


What did I learn from this experience you ask?

1. Makeup is meant to "enhance" what you already have going for ya. 
2. You can experiment and have fun if your daring, and if you frequent raves.
3. Learn what looks best on you from a professional, then knock it down to like 50 percent of that for everyday makeup wear.
4. Your makeup should speak to your personality or how you feel on any given day. So if I'm sick or feeling blue, don't expect to see me with any makeup on, alright!
5. Wear organic makeup if you have sensitive skin. It's worth the price!
6. Just know that God already thinks your stinkin beautiful, so don't worry about all the other pizazz. It's just for fun.



~The CubBuster , now officially a WOman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew