Skip to main content

IT'S A BOY!

Easton Kelly Shanks, the name of my new little nephew! My big sis, Nicole, is going to be a mommy, and I can't wait for little Easton to come in to the world. He is scheduled to arrive on Jesus's b-day, but Nicole is determined to bring him in sooner or later than that date, and we all know when Nicole wants something, she figures out a way to get it. :)
I don't care when he gets here, I'm just excited to be an Aunt! I'll be throwing Nicole's baby shower this fall, and I welcome ideas for shower games and themes. I already heard a cute idea of serving beverages in little baby bottles! How cute! You can make ANYTHING cute when its little and revolving around an infant. Take diapers for instance. What's with those games where you put different things in diapers and ask your guests smell the buttocks portion and determine what the smell is. Gross!! But still most everything having to do with babies is SO cute!
Congrats Nicole and Stephen! See you for Matt's graduation this weekend! Love you already Easton! Can't wait to meet you!

Comments

  1. So being an aunt is one the BEST things in the world! I am not a mommy yet so this is all I have and if it really is better than being an aunt, I can't even begin to imagine! I love hearing Aunt Lou! Congrats to you and your fam! BTW it was SO great seeing you Sunday! I wish we could bump into each other sometime and have longer than a few minutes. Hope you are having a fabulous week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...