Ingles es muy deficil pero pan de calabacín es muy bueno!
Person- we don't really use the word
Or what's with all the English homophones-
Man, I never realized how confusing English was, but I guess I should probably jump on the English is Awesome and Easy to Learn band wagon since I'm about to teach adolescents how amazing and important it is.
Selfishly though, my future students will probably learn to work my soft side. This sweet high school-looking boy was my pupil on Tuesday, and he had to create sentences using verbs turned into nouns. Like, bake into baker or jump into jumper. Well, when he got to the would teach to teacher, my heart melted at his sentence and I knew I was going into the perfect profession. He was so excited that he thought of the perfect sentence, and he enthusiastically exclaimed, "You are the BEST TEACHER!" Wow, I'm a sucker for the suck ups!
Oh, and here's a great recipe I just made for the family-- A yummy and healthy Zucchini Bread
I tried explaining the concept to Brooke, but she had never heard of such a bread product. Pumpkin bread? Yes. Carrot Cake? Yes. Banana Bread? Yes. But not Zucchini Bread. Give it a shot.
3 cups whole wheat flour (this is the real healthy part-- you can use regular if you want but the whole wheat gives it a nutty flavor)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup of honey
1 cup of milk
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup butter (equals 1 stick-not as healthy)
2 cups zucchini- shredded and uncooked (get your veggies in a good way)
1.5 cups chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease and flour two small or one large loaf pan
3. Stir together first 7 ingredients and set aside
4. Place milk, eggs, butter, honey, and zucchini in a large mixing bowl
5. Add dry ingredients and beat until batter is blended. Add in walnuts
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Remove and cool on rake for 5 minutes.
* Can be great warm with a little butter spread
* Be sure you don't put the extra zucchini peals down the garbage disposal or you'll clog it up in the pipe like I did!
* If you run out of walnuts because you misread how many walnuts to add, you can also substitute sliced almonds, but the walnuts bites will be better in my opinion
*Remember to take a picture so you can show it on your blog before its all eaten!