Skip to main content

I had a dream...

Several weeks ago I awoke from a very vivid dream, which isn't abnormal for me, completely exhausted by the realistic nature of my dreamt turmoil. I left Luca in some sort of nursery while attending a friend's big event. Because I was unavoidably detained longer than the nursery hours, I assumed my other friends would retrieve my sweet baby and bring him back to me. To my dismay, no one had little Luca. As I inquired to his whereabouts, I learned he was transferred all over other cities to different nurseries. In a panic, I began to follow his trail. I rode subways, buses, and ran through streets eagerly trying not to fall apart, but every time I had a glimpse of hope, it was shattered. Like many dreams the details are foggy and seemingly ridiculous, but I can say that there were dropped calls, language barriers, and every other formidable obstacle keeping me from my son. Panic set into my bones. I was at an utter loss. The trail ended, and I was sobbing hysterically. Then, as the subway doors opened to the end of the line, there was my husband. He was standing with a general air of normalcy, smiling with Luca in his arms and our other three boys at his sides. None of them had any concern or care in the world. It was as if we were suppose to meet at the subway stop the whole time.
My sadness began to melt one happy tear at a time, and I almost felt foolish. That's when I woke up to reality.
The dream may have been a precursor to putting Luca in the ICU last week, but I think it might be a little broader than that...
I do not have to do life alone. Even without biological family near, or consistent help available, others always step into our lives and our stories exactly when we need them. I am never alone in this world. God provides beautiful hands to carry our burdens, our kids, our hurts and our joys with us. If I drop my weight at any point in time, someone else will surely pick it up even without my request. That is the humble grace we enjoy in this life if we just let go. There's gratitude that enables us to carry other loads in the future.

We are thankful that Luca is much better. He still has a wheezing cough and strider breathing, but as long as he's peaceful, he is happy. Sitting in the Pediatric ICU was a great reminder of how God turns our ashes into beautiful things.

Sweet Luca is happy to be home. 

Noah's ark boys are happy he's here too. They helped save animals and their baby brother!

Levi has had several doctors appointments of his own lately. His GI appointment was his best ever! He gained two pounds, which is a lot for him, and he is now in the first percentile for his weight-age ratio. We are on the chart people!
Levi's right side continues to need more strength, and when he tires out his muscles (this can happen by 10 am) they all begin to turn back into utero-position. Thus, we are getting fitted next week for a new leg brace for his right leg during night hours. Please pray he tolerates it well. We will see the hand doctor in a couple weeks too. His speech is improving even though he gets tired and lazy, making him revert back to moans and grunts. Levi has also had a few colds from school this month, but he is holding his own. Thank you for always asking and praying for our little Levi!

Know that you don't have to do anything alone. We are given community for a reason, and we thank God for each of you!

~Dream Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew