Skip to main content

Happy 3rd Birthday Silas!

Silas,
Thank you for teaching me oh so much.
Whenever mommy isn't dancing, singing, or her usual self, you come in with that perfect touch-
I'm given free hugs and kisses, or a toy to play,
Or you tell me, God's always with me so everything's okay!
No matter what's going on you just want everyone to smile.
You make us all better people and have for a while.
Whether your rhyming, reading, or singing ABC,
 I can't wait to learn more from you now that you're three!
Thank you for teaching me so much sweet boy.
Your a gift from God- a true bundle of joy.


Silas was taught by his sweet daddy to give ladies flowers. After pulling out all the real flowers from the yard and seeing how quickly they die, he decided to give me this the other day. My heart smiled.

Silas named this airplane- PO76. I have no clue where that came from, but I was impressed.

This is the face of a boy watching his brother dance around the kitchen.

Dee Dee came to the aquarium with us for Silas' b-day. It was a blast!




A special birthday surprise showed up in the back yard!

Thank you T-Pop and Daddy for all your hard work!

Everyday he wants to go to our "park" in the back yard. :)

Happy Birthday Bud!

Prayer requests for little Levi-

Levi had some good a bad news this week:
- Bad news: he lost 9 ounces of weight. We are trying different things, and working to trust God through this thorn that still persists. He had a cold last week, which didn't help eating drive or throwing up, but hopefully working with GI doc, we will turn the corner soon.
-Good news: Levi is almost army crawling! He has finally popped two bottom teeth! He "waved" hi in his own non-traditional way, and he started eating a lot more by mouth the last 24 hours (maybe a growth spurt!).

Please pray for his weight gain/eating/throwing up, as well as his ability to turn his hand in supine position (think looking at your own palm). Also, we go back to the ENT for another hearing test on Tuesday. Praying he does great at that!

Thank you so much for continuing to care for our family! Love you!

~Birthday Buster3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...