Skip to main content

Venturing out

"They" say that children's separation anxiety peaks between the ages of 10 months to 20 months. Silas seems to have moments where 'mama' is his only source of comfort. I am literally the magic pill that makes all of life feel safe and wonderful. Yet whenever there is a great beat dropped, he can't pick me out of a line up, nor concern himself with a possible child abductor. Whether it's our local Alive after Five in Roswell, downtown Atlanta at an ALS walk, or a brand new city at the Charlotte 5k festival, Silas has ventured out into the abyss recently simply to bounce his little, boy body to a snappy tune. I can't help but feel somewhat responsible for his love of music and dancing!

Silas has now added "fort" to his vocabulary.

The fort stayed up for a few days, and I think Matthew loved it as much as Silas. I love boys!

It only took three visits to the Chic Fil A cow at the ALS walk before we were brave enough to touch the ginormous two-legged cow. I was still to timid to high-five the scary beast.

We were honored to volunteer at this year's ALS walk, which meant we were the first ones there, and first ones to dance.

Silas Cary Smith got to volunteer on his late uncle's birthday this year. Happy Birthday uncle Cary!

We were also blessed with Tour Championship tickets thanks to Dee Dee and T-Pop. Good thing Silas knows what "golf" is, or he may not have understood the quiet part of the game.

Just discussing the intricacies of each players grip and stance.

Silas favorite part about traveling to Charlotte for my step-sister's wedding.


Sarah looked stunning. There wasn't a dry eye in the church!

Congrats Aunt Sarah and Uncle Spence! We love you!

Not our best family photo, but we didn't want to overshadow the bride (pun intended).
~DancingBuster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew