Skip to main content

Way of life

Well.... "ask and you shall receive."  I wanted to get out of my routine, and God was sweet enough to make it a truly unique week with Matthew at home for three days and ice and snow to boot! More than that, I realized that it's not a seven day experiment that I am seeking to accomplish, but rather a lifestyle change. I want to wake up every single day asking God to direct my path. I want to live moment by moment realizing tomorrow may never come. Since I will naturally stay organized and orderly, I don't have to worry about becoming a hot mess. Instead, I will continue to remain open to any and every possibility. (yeah, yeah... you say that now, but wait another month and you're back to the same ole' same ole').   This is not another yoga, new year's, fad. After visiting a former co-worker's "celebration of life" this week, this notion was echoed even louder. There will of course be times where I have to remind myself and seek to start anew, but I'm thankful for the recent awakening, and I hope to inspire my son and others to do the same.

Here are a few of my spontaneous and not-so normal occasions this week:

Coffee every day?  um..... sometimes twice. ;)

We love living close to so many parks in Roswell. Who cares about a little ice forecast on the horizon? We got out there just before it hit.
I can't wait to hear what's on this little man's mind. He's always pondering something.
Ever since our trip to Paris, I've always wanted to try my hand at homemade Crepes. They were easy and delicious!
Make sure you have the proper crepe fixings before any predicted snow storm.
I see this being a staple in the Smith household.
Silas knows exactly how to whimper at the door when he wants to play a little longer. I think they make cribs look a little too much like jail cells if you ask me.
Made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for my sweet neighbor. She was tickled that we "walked in the awful elements" just to see her (she lives next door mind you).
Silas, don't make fun of mommy's snowman.
 There was too much ice okay!?
Cabin fever is just the ticket to get this little guy crawling and exploring. There's no stopping him now.
I had an amazing Valentine's day with my hubby. Casablanca on the big screen with roses and brownies for the ladies, followed by an elegant dinner with a salsa serenade in the background. My better half knows just how to get me to check yes.
 I can't believe I'm blessed enough to have two Valentines this year.
Thanks for all those hugs and kisses bud. I love you too!
~XO Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew