Skip to main content

Photo Dump...

Poor Silas is teething nice and early and making our lives nice and sleepless. But who could be made at this sweet teething face while we walk.
The difficult life of a mommy puts her at the end of herself, and she must learn to trust in God beyond herself. When Silas continued to wake from his nap, I tried a little something different one day and it worked- friends. Don't we all want them anyway?
Congrats to Christi and Josh! We loved getting to see your lives unite!
So good to see Alyssa and T. Silas loved all the beautiful women at the wedding!
Silas met his potential girlfriend. Jewel wasn't so sure she wanted to date a younger man though. So great that Silas will have so many "aunts."
Great first family photo!
Wanted to see if he could sit up without a blanket, but alas.... "no mommy I'm not strong enough yet!"
Purchased our first rug, and Silas approves I think.
Silas just loves cell phones and mirrors. What would we do without such them?
With a collar and crossed hands he couldn't be more proper. Golf clap?
I spent a whole weekend away from Silas at my BFF's bachelorette, and as nice as it was to have a break, I ached to get back to my boys. Silas woke up after I got home and snuggled with me for a while. It was amazing!
I was sent this pic while I was in Nashville. I think my boys had too much fun without me.
Now four months, Silas got the okay from the doc to have some snuggling buddies in bed with him. He loves his George.
After taking on a part-time teaching job, things have been crazy and this stage in Silas' development is a tough one, but Matthew and I continue to feel unbelievably blessed that God continues to grow us along this new adventure. He gives us the strength we need when we lack rest, and He provides for always.

~CoffeeCubBuster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew