Skip to main content

Never what you think...

I have always been a disciplined person (not that I'm bragging or anything) and try to deny myself of things I want regularly hoping that I will only be dependent on God.  But I never realized how much I depend on my organized routine. I have not wanted to deny myself of my plans, so God is having to break me of that (so much for bragging huh?) with Silas. Every child breaks your routine of course,  but I somehow came to believe that I could get him on my schedule by doing different things I was told or read about, but as always, God had other plans.

I am happy that God doesn't leave me in my comfort. Rather, He loves me enough to keep growing and molding me. It's never easy, but it's certainly where I always want to be. Thus, the second I think we have a great routine, Silas will just have an "off" day (don't we all?) that screws up all my plans. And the days where he's extra tired and naps forever I think, 'wow I should have planned to conquer the world today'. But that would completely negate the idea of surrendering my plans. :) I can't help but see the Lord smiling down at me saying, 'Katie, just enjoy every crazy moment because it won't last long. My plans are ALWAYS the best for your.'  Can I get an "Amen!?"



Little teether is learning to hold his own now, and I think he's about grown out of the infant cushioning!
Date nights are crucial after you have a baby. We are so thankful for our church, not only for introducing us to the Lyons, but for coordinating fun date nights like Improv comedy with free child-care! Thanks JFBC
Recently a baby company (who shall remain nameless until a further publishing date) needed an instructional video baby stand-in at the last minute, and Silas got the call!
What a ham. He did awesome!
I think he like his "model mommy" a little too much. ;)
I was beaming with pride....Hollywood, he is available whenever you'd like. Just be sure he has a warm dressing room with lots of warm milk and cookies ready.
With that smile, who wouldn't get a call-back?
 ~Mommy Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew