Skip to main content

One life ends, Another begins...

This was the last picture I took with Pop
when I last saw him in 2007.
It is with a bittersweet tone that I say good-bye to my amazing great-grandfather Pop. He lived to be one hundred and five years old. He lived a grand life and saw many great things in our country from the span of 1905 to 2010. It's amazing that he passed away on Jesus's birthday too! I feel so blessed to have known him for so much of my life. I will never forget how he helped me with my high school history project. He spent more than an hour giving me the exact lineage as to my relation to Stone Wall Jackson himself. I will also never forget how he called me a hottie over the phone when he said that Matthew should take care of me since he was with a "hottie." I love you Pop. You will be dearly missed, but I know you are now resting with the Great One in heaven!


It is with great joy that I announce the birth of my 
nephew, Easton Kelly Shans! He arrived two days before Christmas surprising us all by his early arrival. He is healthy and wonderful while his parents are trying to adjust to his magnificent gaseous tendencies.  It's crazy that something so loud and odorous could come out of someone so small.  
In any event, Matthew and I had a wonderful time visiting family, holding sweet baby Easton, and checking out the city of Louisville during our extended Christmas holiday. It really seems like Jesus's birthday lasts longer every year. I'm not complaining though!  
I can't wait to see Easton in just another week or so down here in Atlanta. Maybe the gas will have subsided a bit by then. :) 
Could he be any cuter!!!
He's actually just yawning here. Easton loved Aunt Katie!
He looks so much like his dad here!

Congrats Nicole and Steven!  

~Aunt CubBuster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew