Skip to main content

Walking in Memphis

50 Christmas songs, 6 hours, 4 cups of coffee, 2 potty stops, and a partridge peach pie later, and  Matthew and I arrived in Memphis Tennessee!
We packed in the weekend with as much time possible with dad, Kathy, Lindsey, and unexpectedly the awesome Margie Lott! I'm sad to say that Lindsey Carter has developed some insane qualities since I last saw her. On 4 hours of sleep and a frozen dinner she rolled out of bed to run 13.1 miles FOR FUN, oh and for charity. I guess that's okay. I'm worried that it's something they put in the Ole Miss H2O because Margie drove over 6 hours to run in the same race. Its bordering on lunacy folks. I mean I'm all for a nice jog, but come on!
We really did have a great time though minus the crazies; I just wish we had had MORE time. It was quick, but it was a true blessing for Matthew and I to spend some time with people we love and with whom we haven't seen in a very long time. God is good! Miss Memhpis already!  As Lindsey puts it, "You probably won't love it the first time you're there, but it definitely grows on you. It's a diamond in the rough!"
Lindsey's house is adorable!
I mean don't we look like we should move in?
Can you tell we're freezing!
Meet crazy 1 and crazy 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew