Skip to main content

Reciprocality

When you really love someone, real love, you hurt at their hurts, you take care of what they need caring, and you love what they love. We reciprocate our emotions when we love. God carries our burdens and feels our pain, and sheds our tears, so we do so for one another, even if we can never fully reciprocate the kind of love He is capable of holding for each one of His children.
In the last three years, we've brought home three different babies. Three years ago, God brought home many of His babies, but one in particular was my best friend. Kyra is home, and I rejoice with her, but I miss her.
I want to care for Kyra's family still waiting to go home one day. I want to be there and carry the burdens of her parents, her sisters, her husband, and her daughters. I hurt with them. I laugh with them. I cry with them. This is all possible because of a reciprocal love we share for a single individual.
Three years ago Kyra held little Levi, no, she snuggled little Levi with his cords, his monitors, his casts, and the smell of his medicines. She prayed over him and described her time with him as a retreat when I left them alone to walk down the street with my toddler. She would have taken all my children, including, and especially little Levi, if I had gone home first. She loved me and would have carried the burdens of my family just like I want to do for her.
"Praise the Lord, who daily bears our burdens" (Psalm 68:19). We don't have to carry each others burdens because God is already carrying them, but we can still help bolster each other with love because our reciprocality is unavoidable when we truly love one another above ourselves.

I am so grateful this boy came home this year. Kyra would have adored him.

A sweet long weekend in Blueridge, GA was a nice getaway from normal  life (although no less crazy).

Thanks to my dad for supplying matching "Coffee CubBuster" shirts (more on his visit soon)!

The boys LOVED the indoor putt putt/game room extravaganza. 

Every room had a different theme. 

Every boy's dream!


Chess hole!

There were even life-size games in between holes. This mama loved it just as much!

A Waldo wall? I mean come on... it's like they read our minds.

The "hot pool" was a family favorite. 


Thank the Lord for supplying the means, the opportunity, and the beauty. 

Love seeing how God is growing our little Levi. I will never forget what he looked like three years ago. But I love his look now! :) 

~Reciprocal Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew