Skip to main content

Called or Crazy?

In three days we will be taking our 14 month old on a nine plus hour plane ride to Spain. Some would say we are called to Spain and feel prompted to bring our monkey man with us, but others would just call us crazy. I'm somewhere in the middle :)   I know we are crazy, but that is the case no matter what continent we are currently on. I believe it's that craziness that can open doors to show how we are crazy in love with Christ. He's done so much for us; we can't help but take that love to the world. If you'd like to follow our team's journey in San Sebastian, I've been given the duty of blogging while we are in Spain (imagine that.... God can use any skill you possess no matter how seemingly insignificant), check out www.johnsonferryglobal.com/blog and click on the "Spain" tab.

Thank you in advance for all who have expressed a desire to pray for our trip and our team! It means more than you know!


Summer heat brings out all new joy in this little man.
May his joy bring others joy as we travel abroad.
There are just so many reasons to give thanks.


Hasta luego amigos!  Vaya con Dios.

~Espana Buster

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...