Skip to main content

Real Mommy

There are some markers I believe designate whether you are really a mommy or not. I have recognized, besides the excruciating pain and indescribable joy that I experienced when giving birth to our precious baby boy, that I really have crossed over into the realness of mommyhood.

You are a real mommy if, but not only if,

1. your favorite Christmas present is your new dustbuster
2. you don't mind getting a little drool in your mouth that belongs to your little person
3. you believe true love stems from sharing half eaten, mushy cheerios
4. you don't mind the new, improved 50 second rule with a justified scraping off any dust or debris
5. you think a good dust busting equates to a full vacuum, thus enabling the 50 second rule
6. you don't mind using ointment or vaseline as your new hand lotion
7. you are contemplating making your own children's songs album in your spare time
8. you call clothing clean if it passes the sniff test
9. you think your jeans and a white tee are now a symbol of fine dining attire
10. you would cut off your right hand and left foot for one more kiss from your little person


This robe is adorable, but it's only been worn one time because this little man gets crazy and rolls everywhere before bed. Can't keep his clothes on I tell ya!
A new found love for bath time
Titus (a.k.a Ti) meeting his new friend Silas, (a.k.a Si). I think they are BFF already!
Silas is just like his mommy: we both LOVE breakfast (and all other meals come to think of it)
Now that he's sitting up and standing a lot, Silas tends to fall asleep in all kinds of fun positions that would make a normal person say "ouch"
Turned around to find this little man standing up by himself for the first time!
Oh what one will do to see inside a toy trunk
He just looks like a future golfer doesn't he? Life father like son. (Watch him rebel against all things collared when he grows up!) Love you buddy!
~MommyBuster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew