Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Green Thumb

I've always wanted a garden. I never knew if my thumb would be green, purple, red, or black, but I really wanted to try my hand at growing some fruits, veggies, flowers and herbs. Well, living in an apartment poses a little bit of a problem. No yard = no garden. Or does it......?  

Check it out!  I love having my own fresh herbs at my disposal.

Parsley on the left, the struggling center is Rosemary, and the thriving right is my favorite--Basil!

Matthew and I are enjoying a lot of Caprese salads like we did in Italy!  There's so many great ways to serve tomatoes, fresh mozzerella, and basil!

As I'm crazy busy finishing up my Masters degree in the next 4 weeks, this garden is my connection to the outdoors. I miss the sun sometimes. :( 

~Green ThumbBuster :)


2 comments:

  1. I love basil! And Caprese salads :) :) :)

    Also, I miss the sun too. Almost done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! I have been thinking of doing the same thing. That's awesome. I needed the encouragement. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete