Skip to main content

Presidential Quotes...



My big boy was given the task of finding a quote from his draw of President Gerald Ford. This was the easiest choice, and quite poignant if you ask this mama (see video), but I didn't know Mr. Ford had another very wise word for us this President's weekend.... 

  • History and experience tell us that moral progress comes not in comfortable and complacent times, but out of trial and confusion.

Maybe the current state of our democracy will increase our progress due to all the confusion that exists.  I would add that both moral and physical progress come from those tough times. Some of the least moral and least resilient people are those who have never faced true adversity. I certainly have a long way to go because my life isn't what I'd call laborious, but I pray daily against complacency in hopes of continuing to grow in my progress.
 Little Levi is living proof of progress, and I pray his moral character is shaped from his story. As most have seen, Levi tends to leave his mouth open and tongue at rest at all times (a habit formed in the NICU), which has injured him in the past, but last weekend was the worst by far... No more monkeys jumping on the bed!



This tough kid has a higher pain tolerance than any of his brothers because of all his past trials. Levi's callouses run deep, and I am learning not to pray for my children's well being so much as their well character. Without the confusing hardships and even physical pain, they simply won't have as great an opportunity to firm their fossils. I know comparing my children is a bad parenting 101, but seeing how the others react to circumstances helps each of my boys naturally work to strengthen himself in comparison. Hopefully the quote they remember from me is not a comparative one, but another nugget of wisdom I've quoted and passed along. Can you think of something original you've said that would be your life quote?

This is a Silas original, " When I'm 100 years-old, I will be out of control."  (100th day of school quotes)

I think he's trying to say,  "Wait I don't know how to steer."

Oh you just push me!?

"This driving thing is amazing!"

Trying on spring clothes to see what still fits... these boys just look too old to comprehend!

I think he's saying, "I am proud of my two teeth that are under my tongue!"

Love having my boys learn to share and support each other...

First time swinger!

How quickly they want their own though...

Even more fun this way.

Sitting up is also a fun activity! Now we need some words to quote from you little man, but no rush! 

~President Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew