Skip to main content

Needed and Needy

Well, our honeymoon period with Ro Ro is officially over. He's a great baby for sure, but I recall with Silas that the 3-5 month range is a bit challenging as they become much more alert and aware while still needing significant sleep. As he tries to deal with losing a pacifier, regulating his system, and changing with leaps and bounds, Roman also remains subject to his brother's schedules. With Levi's awesome doc/therapy schedule, Ro, just has to figure things out a lot quicker as he can't enjoy long naps in his bed. Unfortunately, he's decided he doesn't like sleeping in his car seat anymore, which makes for tiresome travels. As my weary soul searches, I've struggled with whether or not my Lord, whom I thank for coming to Earth to take on the sinful trials of man, can actually empathize with motherhood.
I know that the Word tells me He experienced every emotion we experience, and He's the only God to have also become man, but he wasn't an actual mommy. How on Earth could He understand the ins and outs of dealing with children, toddlers, and teens? The monotony and grind that refines your patience: daily diapers, cooking, cleaning, and laundry. Did He really feel the frustration of an unconsolable infant? YES.
When Jesus humbled himself as King to walk on Earth (and water), many people sought his attention every minute of the day. Not only do we need Him more than air, but people were needy for him like little children. "Heal me! Hug me! Feed me! Forgive me!" Jesus barely had a moment to himself. In fact, he rose early forsaking sleep to get alone with His Father above. Just like my children seem needy for me, everyone was needy for Jesus' care and concern as we still are today. The difference between his parenting in mine is that He was sinless. I am 100 percent flesh, and He was 100 percent flesh and 100 percent divine. I can only hope to let His Holy Spirit live through me so that I don't lose heart and allow divinity to win the day. By His grace I can keep on keeping on even in the hard weeks.

Pray for us: I was just diagnosed with Shingles (Apparently a result of undiagnosed stress I didn't know I had!) Please pray that Roman doesn't get chicken pox at his ripe ole age of 3 months!

Little Levi- He's making great strides with his eating. As long as his tummy isn't too full, he's getting better at navigating solids. He wants to do, go, and eat whatever big brother Silas has chosen. It's encouraging, but at times nerve wracking because his little body can't quite handle what his mind understands. He will be two in a few weeks! Now, he will actually tell me whether he wants to ingest his Pediasure "by mouth or by G tube!"  So thankful for his understanding!

Moments to get you through the rough ones...

I asked Levi to read a book to Roman!

Sweet big brother!

New fav activity- flashlight discoveries!

Levi was SO excited to go into Silas' class for the Valentines party. 

He was teaching the other kids how to lick knives... sorry mamas!

Little man wants to go to school so bad. 

But more than school, he just LOVES to play in anything that gets him dirty. 

If you say something is gross, yucky, dirty, or the like, it's Levi's first choice!

Can't wait for spring!



Thank you Jesus for relating to me in every way. Thank you for forgiving me when I feel as though I am failing on all fronts. Thank you for new mercies each morning, and hope for a sweet perspective that the grass is always greener! Thank you that I can be needed and needy!

~Needy Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew

The CubBuster's still got it!

Yes that's right, the Atlanta Braves 2010 opening season began against the infamous Chicago Cubs. My co-worker, office-mate, and dear friend Peter Collman is a baseball (well I guess all sports) fanatic, and knew that to start the season right, he needed to invite the CubBuster to be sure the Braves started the season with a win! The second game of the season started off slow with a 1-0 lead for the Braves, but at the beginning of the 8th, Atlanta was losing to Chicago 2-1. Although others may be slightly tense at this predicament, I was calm and collected knowing I possessed a special gift of busting up on a certain kind of cub. Thank goodness I've still got it (and I guess Chipper still has it too!). Jones hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning and held off the Cubs for a 3-2 win! The CubBuster lives on! Thanks Pete for a fun night! You can see other pics from Turner Field on my Pictures page... ~THE CubBuster