Skip to main content

Bed without Breakfast

Matthew and I planned a romantic getaway this weekend at a bed and breakfast in Watkinsville. We stayed in on Valentine's Day knowing we had a special long weekend ahead of us. 
Sadly, poor Matthew got a stomach bug Friday night, so we ended up with the bed but no breakfast (unless you count the BRAT diet as a great breakfast- you know, bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. Is my mom the only one who drilled that into my head?). 
Thank the Lord, I have yet to contract the bug even though as a wife, there was no escape from the germs in our home. I am thankful that the illness seems to have passed and we still have a restful day off for President's day tomorrow. 

We did get to have a fun Thursday night V-day activity though. 
Matthew has a neat and intelligent, fun-fact about him: He has a secret love of classical music. When I first found this out several years ago, I thought it was a joke, but when I caught him listening to Rachmaninov's "Piano concerto no. 2", I felt my own sense of cultural expertise diminish.  I love this about him! Being his wife makes me feel smarter! :)
I surprised him Thursday with tickets to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. 
It was a great concert, but just a little tip from the CubBuster to you: drink some sort of coffee or espresso before entering a Symphony. There was a guy in the back row who started adding his own sinus bass music just ten minutes into the program!
His wife must have wanted the tickets for V-day!


I'm so thankful for my husband, and I'm happy he's feeling better already!

~CubBuster

p.s. I love my new app: Instagram! I'm like a professional photographer over night! Thanks Chrissi!

Comments

  1. CCB,
    what an amazing treat to serendipitously have a date with you today and share some love at Starbucks. Thankful that your sweet Matthew is feeling better, and I know that other romantic "getaways" await...in the Lord's time, baby!

    By the way, a certain someone also shares a love for classical music. I'll share some Rach or Bach anytime... :)

    Love you and peace to you this coming week!
    cajun cart

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...