Skip to main content

Welcome 2020

Recently, I was caught up in a whirlwind of whimsical novelty. In an unexpected encounter, I was encouraged to join in an entrepreneurial venture as a content writer. I was the perfect candidate; it was fate, and the pursuit was flattering. Plus, I could write from the comfort and convenience of my home as I continued homemaking. I could literally have my cake and eat it too in the proposed coffee café concept. In the midst of this hour-long delivery and debrief, I walked away feeling as if the proposal was sweetly planned, yet like young romance, time apart soon cleared the clouds.
While there may still be writing in my future career, I quickly remembered how easily I am wooed, especially if God's divine nature is mentioned. Since I don't have many close friends that strictly work as mothers, there's an unspoken, cultural pull to join the force of "part-time" working moms. Our technological advances make staying at home seem silly if not impractical. The pendulum as swung to  make homemakers a minority.
Too often we drink the punch of the "new year" ready to start the "new you" that's been on the back burner, but if we aren't careful, we'll forget to pray, question, and look deeply into the decisions that affect those we most love. Accolade strips armor like candy entices kids. Our need to feel independent and worthy also blinds us from the reality of ephemeral circumstances. In essence, I must continually confront the balance of not losing myself to my kids and not losing myself to my culture. I certainly fail from time to time, but that's why every day is an opportunity to open fresh new starts. We don't have to wait until the clock strikes midnight or the calendar year changes. God's mercies are new every day, and all we can do is open up dialogue with ourselves and others to see if it's the right time to make a change. We can't be afraid to change, but we can't be afraid to stay right where we are for the transient time set before us.
Our family entered 2020 with some of our favorite endeavors.

NYE 2020
Smith tradition- Fondue and fireworks (and funny faces)



Luca's first time bowling. Consensus- he prefers snacking.

New Years Day hike- Luca preferred napping.


Day trip to Athens and there awesome free zoo!





New 2020 tradition once a month one kid gets to join date night!

Not sure they'll want to go through the arches for real one day, but they love seeing where mommy and daddy met!

They sure love "dressing" like daddy. Love these sweet growing boys and their dreams for 2020!

We finally got all of Roman's test results back, and there is nothing to report. He has no allergies, no sensitivities, and no issues that could be detected through his procedure. While most may think this is a frustrating result, we are thankful and thrilled to report that he has also ceased having any pain for the last month! There isn't always a huge appetite on his part, but that's to be expected with a busy little boy. We thank you for praying for him, and hope we get the same results for Luca's scheduled bronchial scope next month! Praying for clear results!

Have a hope-filled start to your New Year!

~Coffee Content CubBuster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew