Skip to main content

Oh Canada!

Wow.... what a whirlwind the last two weeks has been. There is so much that we've enjoyed, endured, and experienced that I wish I could have recorded it all, but alas, we get to hold our memories and share simple life lessons with each other. It felt like a trip of a lifetime! After flying separately to Canada because of falsified information regarding passports (all I can say, is have one for everyone regardless of age or destination), we were all prepared to learn a great deal on this family road trip. I knew that God could take us through any hurdle as I flew by myself with Levi and Roman to Burlington Vermont and waited to be picked up to cross the border with the big boys.
After we returned, I was asked the best and worst part of the trip. I have to say, I think the hardest part was being in such close proximity during nap and sleep times. Since all three of our children need various hours of slumber right now, it was difficult that everyone was somewhat sleep-deprived the entire trip. However, I'd say one of the best parts (aside from the incredible beauty of God's fall grandeur) was getting to see how each child learned to cope with uncomfortable situations and enjoy each other despite our exhaustion. There's nothing better for a strong-willed child, a developmentally-delayed child, or an infant child than to take him out of his comfort zone and show him new perspectives. I think any kind of "inconvenient travel" will aid in this process! Here's the first leg of our trip to Montreal for work purposes:

My view after my hubby and eldest child left. With a child strapped to me, I was in for a long night of travel.

It ended up being a sweet day with these cuties. Answered prayer for sure!

After multiple strangers aided in our hotel arrival, I got a chance to see my little ones play quietly together. 

But they were very happy to see their big brother again in Canada!

The "Notre Dame" of Montreal

Reunion felt great!


A hysterical science museum in Montreal. A MUST visit!

Let your imagination tell you the sound coming out of this picture. Learning all about the human body! :D

None of these boys will ever understand what this really feels like!

We are having twins! (Thank the Lord this was just a test.)

The struggle with big cities and daddies working is boys with pent-up energy. 

Thank goodness for small green space. Boys just need to be outside. Period. 

It was pretty amazing to see the old city though. 



How we felt sometimes during the trip. Good thing we love each other a lot!

More to come... but we already miss our trip a little.... but thankful to have our beds back!

~Canada Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew