The 1984 National League Championship Series was played between the San Diego Padres and the Chicago Cubs. San Diego won the series three games to two to advance to the World Series. The 1984 NLCS was the first postseason series EVER for the Padres since the franchise's beginning in 1969. Because Katie Ann Blair arrived in the world in the middle of the series, her father hence forth referred to her as Katie Cub Buster.
Search This Blog
Honeymoon
After a big life-changing event, it's nice to have a little honeymoon to rest and recuperate. We had some delayed honeymoons with all of our children except non-NICU number four. Little Luca, despite normal middle-night feeds, got to come right home and honeymoon.
Now I know all babies are different, but for my kids it seems that the first couple months are a "honeymoon phase" where they may cry but its just because of standard baby woes. Once they hit around three months though, they'll have more difficulty adjusting to life outside the womb. Even if I may be a little sleepier, God seems to give me a glossy, slap-happy outlook on life after a new baby joins our family. However, don't be too impressed if you see me out with all my boys alone because as it says in Proverbs, "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring" (27:1). Tomorrow may bring a new basket of hard, so I must simply trust God's grace will be sufficient for that day. In the lazy hazy days of our current honeymoon, I will thank God for however long this phase may last.
Likewise, Little Levi is having a great summer and making slight improvements in all areas, but that doesn't mean we won't have potential issues with his developmental progress in the near future. For now, enjoy this side by side comparison from age 2 to 3 with his verbal improvements...
I am so proud of you Levi! Even if mommy is tough on you, it's all because I know how smart you are, and I know you are so strong and capable. I love you Levi Joe!
Sometimes it's these two buddies dreaming about their Ninja-daddy strength
And these two are becoming fast friends too!
But sometimes these two match up...
And my "twins" match up a lot too.
Sweet Ro Ro thinks these slippers = dancing shoes.
They can't wait for Luca to dance along side of them.
Thank you for coming home and honeymooning with us little man! We adore you!
I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. I really ju...
There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...
Comments
Post a Comment