Skip to main content

Overwhelmed


As an English teacher, I love words, lexicon, phonics, and the like. It's so interesting to me that a word can mean one thing to one person, and something completely different to someone else. The title of this post for instance may seem negative to many people, but really it's meant to be a positive adjective for my current mindset.
If you've ever heard the song, "Overwhelmed" by Big Daddy Weave, you'll understand what I mean.

I was just overwhelmed with good, rich love today. I have felt the love and prayers of so many that it's enabled me to feel God. I'm overwhelmed by what His love looks like in this world. My sweet students, whom I have left to care for my boys, put together a gorgeous array of real and handmade flowers with tear-jerking cards, and abounding generous gifts; Matthew received a precious handmade card from a co-worker's child for our little Levi.
Then there was the hold- I got to embrace my baby, skin to skin, today, which continues to utterly calm my spirit. It's truly time I feel I can go to sleep soundly and possibly never wake up again. Utter peace.

As I type this, I am told they are going to try to get Levi off the vent today. There was a potentially scary blood culture that ended up coming back positive for sepsis (blood infection), but the doctor is pretty confident this is just a "contaminate" or false positive and merely reflects the bladder infection we are already treating. However, they take it seriously, so Levi is also getting antibiotics for a possible blood infection just to be safe. We should know tomorrow whether or not he actually has a second infection in his blood stream.

Thank you so much for your continued support and prayers. I'm overwhelmed by each of you!


Please Pray:
1. For Levi to NOT have sepsis
2. For Levi to have success off the ventilator
3. For everyone we come in contact with to know the true love of Christ as we celebrate his death and resurrection this weekend. I saw so much on the news today with regard to Christians hatred and intolerance. We may be misunderstood, and we may screw up what Jesus intended for the world, but let us not stop trying to look more like Him!


God bless you!

~Overwhelmed Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew