Skip to main content

Break from the blog

As March begins, often we hope for a great thaw in our land. Now Georgia certainly doesn't have any icy soil that needs warming, but our yearning for more light and fresh newness to keep us from numbing appears universal.

I have written on this blog for ten years now. From singleness to newlywed to mama of four sickly, but now active, growing boys. It's been a place for me to purge, process, and pray through some of life's biggest changes and challenges.

It's also helped me keep distant family and friends informed, but I've felt for some time it's come to an appropriate place for pause.

I know that I have many more mountains and valleys to travel if the Lord wills it, and many more personal lessons that I'd love to share and reread to my kiddos one day (and if anyone wants to organize and compile this little landscape into a memoir, please be my guest), but I do not ever want to assume a posture of numbness as it relates to our regular routines.

I read a wonderfully inspiring article here, regarding another woman's fresh wonder and woo over God's word. A book we can become numb to over time because of our easy access to it.

If there are no twists, no turns, no wonderments in Heaven, just wonderful awe and worship as if it were new to us every day, then we assume a posture of pronounced joy like a child. We are perfectly content, anxious for nothing, concerned only for the present moment filled with God's presence.

It is this same posture I want to practice here on Earth. I do not have to wonder as an adult would, What is next? What lessons must I learn? What hardship must I endure? What will I be excel in life?

Instead, I can wonder as a child. Wondering at the very moment I am enjoying or enduring. Wondering why the rainbow seems to follow us as we drive from here to there. Wondering if when I wake my illness will be completely gone. Wondering whether the sun will make snow or spring tomorrow.

When we wonder in awe at God's perfection, we can stop staring at life's uncertainties and simply worship the Creator instead of the creation. We do not have to worry in wonder. Rather, we worship in wonder.

I wonder what will happen to this little coffee composed landscape, but for now and eternity, I will worship my wonderful God.


It's wonderful that this little man can run pant-less in the cold and not wonder whether his legs will go numb!

We finally arrived at regular bathroom use and our reward- Menchie's ice cream! 

As Daddy was quarantined with the flu last week, we all didn't wonder whether it was A or B, but decided to shout V for homemade volcanoes!

Rocks, playdough, and magic reactions were wonderful.

More wonderful was the wonder at how vinegar and baking soda reacted so well!


There wonder at their first real rainbow was worth remembering forever! It truly followed us all the way to our destination. Quite poetic I think.


I couldn't have planned this any better! Luckily number one baby was at school, or we'd probably have to wonder about punching out another hole here.

Sweet brown-eyed boys Levi and Luca got a touch of daddy's flu, but we certainly can't complain. Life gives us plenty wonders to enjoy. 


I have loved wondering who is out there reading here and learning alongside of me all these years. I will miss you, but I am still here. Please know you are loved and created with such wonderful intent to wonder without fear. Be where you are while your child-like faith grows into fearless wondering for we are not promised tomorrow, but we have the promise of wonderful eternity.

Love,

Coffee CubBuster


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew