Skip to main content

Parents' Raise

We spent 13 hours in the car this past weekend! Matthew and I will spend many an hour playing our "Guess that Station" Pandora game this summer with all of our road trips planned (no we aren't boring old people by the way, we are actually like fun elementary school aged children!)
Yet, the long hours this weekend were worth it to see Sarah Jane graduate from UNC! She's off to save the world with her nursing degree. And maybe have a little party (sorry, I'm on a poetry unit at work right now).
When asked how excited my mom and Scotch were to have finally helped their 5 children get through college, Scotch joyously responded, "We got a raise today! It feels great!"

I'm so proud of Sarah, and we are blessed to have been a part of her big day. She's worked so incredibly hard, and I hope she enjoys the "real world" everyone keeps talking about. Can I have free medical procedures now that we have a nurse in the family?



~CC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...