Skip to main content

First Anniversary!

I can't believe a whole year has flown by. If I had to use one word to describe the past year, it would be... blissfully-blessed. Okay, it's not really one word, but I hyphenated it.
Truly, I am just in awe of God's blessings poured out on our lives. Matthew and I were able to reminisce, relax, and reconnect at Tybee Beach last weekend to celebrate our anniversary. My mom's BFF gave us a temporary stay at her beach house as a wedding gift, and we knew it'd be a great plan to save it for exactly one year later!

It's like it was yesterday! 
This was the view from the back porch!
The weather was perfect!
I was feeling a bit artistic!
(Matthew and I have opposite feet, mine are small and wide, his are big and narrow. It's the perfect match!) :) 
We Smiths love a little competition, and we can't just sit and veg, so we played our favorite beach game - golf holes (we need a better name though). As you can guess, there are two holes about 10 yards apart and you try to get your balls in the opposite hole by tossing or rolling them. It's truly a gentleman's sport!
We ate like royalty too! We made french toast, grits and scrambled egg-whites almost every morning.
Time to read and drink tons of coffee together on the porch was one of my favorite parts!
I was beating Matthew the whole week!!!
Freshly caught seafood made for a great dinner one night!
This is the Robertson's unbelievable 3 story beach house!
We could walk out of our place, over the bridge, and onto the beach!
I FOLDED UNDER THE PRESSURE ON THE LAST DAY!!! UGH

We had such an amazing time. Thank you Robertsons!
I am the most blessed woman on the planet, and I want to thank God for the gift of my husband every day of my life!

~BeachBuster

Comments

  1. You two are a lovely couple and it was our pleasure to share our home! Happy Anniversary!!

    Bill and Patty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...