Skip to main content

Welcome to the 21st Century

It's been over a decade, and I've refused to join the 21st century. It's not really about independence, pride, or incapability. Rather, Matthew and I had chosen not to join in on many of the newest technologically savvy equipment because..... well honestly, we don't want to be consistently plugged in. We enjoy quiet down time. We are somewhat of a 1950s couple that still likes to be outside. We like to make up games, create contests, and enjoy some of the simple pleasures in this short life.
I really didn't have much time to join Facebook or stare at "Angry Birds".
Yet..... we realized that it was still possible to remain detached from the drama of electronic hindrances while enjoying a few modern pleasures. Yep. it's official. We not only created a Facebook account (which sadly we are never ever on due to the fact that there are other things we'd rather be doing), but Santa also came early...... Siri is my new BFF! Also, Pinterest has enabled me to try some creative DIY projects. Check out my once-ugly, plain green wreath!

It's almost Christmas!!!! I can barely stand it!  
We are enjoying every bit of our new "toy" too!  Thank you Santa baby!

~DIY Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...