Skip to main content

WEDDING Weekend Part 1

WOW....
Okay, so the CubBuster has been occupied for quite some time, but I mean I became a Smith, got a job, moved, and traveled around the world in such a short time that I have reason for my absence.

I cannot find the words to express how absolutely blessed I feel and have felt for such a long time. I want to bottle up these emotions and feelings so that when the hard days come, I can remember how blessed I am. God tells us that we will have good times and bad, but when He is our rock, there is nothing to worry about. He always gets us through the tough stuff, and that's why we can truly appreciate the good stuff. If only I could truly thank everyone who made our wedding as amazing at is was. There really aren't words.

Matthew and I could not have had a more amazing wedding weekend. I mean, seriously. Besides the day I discovered coffee, found Jesus, made a homemade ice cold frappacino, figured out how to make the slinky go all the way down the stairs, or watched my first "Friends" episode, my wedding day was the best day of my life! Well, maybe second best after the day I just had in Italy having gelato four times in a row..... But you get the idea. It was incredible!  What a blessing. While there were a few things we'd all change (I mean nothing is really perfect except heaven, God, and coffee-flavored gelato) it was perfect!

We had our rehearsal on Friday since there were back-to-back weddings scheduled on Saturday....

At the botanical gardens getting ready for the run-through!
My brother and Nick were so professional.
They wanted to keep everyone on track and not miss a beat (pun intended)
Dad got there late, so I had to be sure he new what to do.
"Take one step forward, then the next, then another, then another."

See I'm a great teacher!
Miss Carla rocks as a wedding coordinator!
I think she missed her calling.
My dad wanted to be sure Matthew took over my hand fully,
which symbolized having to deal with all aspects of Katie Blair
in the near future. Good luck Mr. Smith!
We didn't want to mess up at all, so we listened to Pastor Carlos intently.
When he speaks, its definitely important to listen.
At pre-rehearsal dinner. Two days before the big day!
Thank you Dad and Kathy for putting together such a fabulous evening.
We love you!



Lots more wedding and honeymoon posts to come. If you hate wedding stuff, just take a break from visiting the CubBuster for a while. :)  But I promise the Europe pics are worth the read!

~Mrs. CubBuster Smith

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy!!!!!! Congratulations Mrs. Smith!!!!!!! So happy for you guys! Can't wait to see more pics! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...