Skip to main content

The process

Sometimes in the next week, we will meet a new member of our family! While I can hardly believe the pregnancy has come to the end, like everything, it's definitely been a process. There's a process to making life form, just like there is a process to developing character. While every parent knows that lessons must be taught more than once, I think we forget the process of character development really can take a lifetime.
I didn't fall in love with Jesus over night. It was a process. My husband and I didn't have a healthy marriage over night, it has been a process. Similarly, I cannot concern myself when my children show growth and appreciation one minute, and detrimental integrity flaws the next. They are going to have a long process of maturation. How can we expect them to get it right every time? Wasn't it the really ugly stuff in me that took the longest to rectify? Even grown adults don't change completely when they come to know the Lord. They may have some distinct changes in the beginning, but without others to help shape and encourage them toward that new character, they will still gravitate back towards what they've always known. The Bible even compares it to a dog returning to its own vomit! Thus, we can't lose sight when our sweet little ones grow up and hit some hard, rocky soil. It may be the hard they need to truly turn in a new direction.
Moreover, when we have been forgiven little, we love little, but "those who have been forgiven much, love much" (Luke 7:47). It takes a lifetime to learn, so we must "work out our salvation with fear and trembling" (Phil 2:12) and continue to add to our "fruit of the spirit" so that we "do not become unproductive and ineffective" (2 Peter 1:5).
Do not fret as so many definitives do about current predicaments. What seems hard in the moment may just be part of the process that is unpleasant, like labor! It will eventually end, and the beautiful opportunities will far outweigh the entire process.

Roman was finally ready for paint in the bath, but needed to be reminded first that popsicles are edible, not paint.


My boys love American Ninja Warriors, and all want to audition one day!

We were so glad daddy got home from his trip before the baby was born, so we celebrated with ice cream!



Summer fruit and Marshmallow kabobs are the best!

Levi is trying out a new daytime hand splint to see if we can stretch his wrist a little more.

This boy is certainly a gift to watch process his development!
Silas randomly made a little Levi and pointed out his small right hand that needs to keep getting stronger!
(Melt my heart!)

Daddy just wanted to sleep a little more for Father's Day.

I am utterly grateful to watch my hubby through the fatherhood process. He's amazing, and it's a gift from God to say the least! Can't wait to see him with one more snuggled up next week!

~Process Buster

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your sweet memories with us and nice photography of your children and daily rotein life. You will also like coffee and best coffee makers. You can get them under 200$ also. If you want to get Information about best coffee makers under 200$ then visit this coffee machine under 200

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew