Skip to main content

Forever 5

Everyone wants to feel they have something to add to the equation. Little Levi is getting a little better with his speech because he loves teaching his little brother things, and big brother Silas loves teaching everyone everything. However, I told Silas that he isn't allowed to get any older than five. "You have to stay five forever!" I insisted. This only fueled a sweet contest of laughter. Thankfully, Si-man hasn't quite learned the art of reverse psychology: assuring him that a lack of good nutrition and few hours of sound sleep would keep him from turning five, fueled his eating and sleeping before, during, and after his birthday! Why didn't I think of this sooner!?
My favorite part of Silas' 5th birthday was not seeing him jump for joy before we visited his first amusement park, nor was it the delicious smile of gratitude for his Oreo, ice-cream pie. Nope, it was our first-mile walk together. No distractions, no toys, no screens, no agenda, no brotherly-competition, no interruptions. Just sweet time talking and taking in nature together. Really makes me wish I was living in a different era. It's much easier to listen to and learn from one another without distractions. I'm so grateful, and so excited to be a mommy to Silas Smith. 

Happy 5th Birthday Big Man!



Picked out a gift that would benefit both boys- therapy scooter boards!

Levi got a great core workout!


Silas was ready to map us a 5 Flags trail


Levi was beyond overwhelmed by Six Flags. He had this face for the first hour we were there.

Roman, wild-man, was ready for a coaster.

Or maybe just the kiddie slides.





We all felt like this by the end of our time there. 





Love you Silas! Forever Five Please!

~5 Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...