Skip to main content

Royal Service

For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’  Matthew 25:42-45

Sometimes we know something to be true, but its truth doesn't settle into us as a reality until an epiphany or revelation occurs. In my instance, the epiphany spoke from the Holy Spirit directly to my heart during a time of sincere, self-centered frustration. 
I've always known the importance of taking care of the hurt, helpless, homeless, and hungry, but for some reason, I never pictured my children as those people. The ins and outs of motherhood can drag you down to a place where you forget the truth in your monotony. That's when you whisper to God for a heart-change, and He loves to answer that prayer. When I go to Heaven, I hope Jesus can speak to me like he does in the verses preceding the ones above. Both the righteous and unrighteous commonly share a misunderstanding for Jesus' presence in their lives. The difference occurs in their actions on Earth. Jesus tells the righteous that they were in fact feeding, clothing, and caring for Him. 
Thankfully, I started 2018 with a sweet revelation! In feeding my children, caring for them in sickness, clothing them and looking after them, I am actually serving my Lord at the same time! What a gift. What a beautiful way to picture all of our jobs and seasons starting off a new year. It's easy to forget, yet it's easy to ask God to remind us of our simple and essential work of servitude. Jesus was the ultimate royal servant, and I am thankful to emulate Him each day this year. 

I love celebrating New Years with little ones cause you don't have to wait till midnight!

Pop-its, sparklers, and streamers are a Smith tradition.


And now we've added a new tradition - Fudge fondue

Feeling better but frigid temps mean indoor fun!






Happy New Year!
~Servant Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"His legs flail about as if independent from his body!"

If you are a "Friends" watcher as I have been known to be, you will appreciate that quote. I am getting to see the Chandler Bing's greatest fear--Michael Flatley and the "Lord of the Dance" performance. I am so excited! I've seen a lot of different types of performances in my lifetime (even the gravely strange or soberly artistic modern dance shows), but I've never seen an Irish Riverdance! My mom got tickets for us back in October for my birthday. She is so astute and thoughtful! In case you aren't familiar with "Lord of the Dance." Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mr. Flately's Dance: "Lord of the Dance is an Irish musical and dance production that was created, choreographed, and produced by Irish-American dancer Michael Flatley, who also took a starring role. Michael Flatley found his first fame starring in Riverdance, but he left the show in 1995 before its debut in London after a disagreement over creative control. F

When you smile...

The whole world smiles! This was his very first "conscious smile" Who says you can't dress up little boys for fun too? Silas enjoyed sleeping at the lake instead of fishing or swimming. Anyone surprised? Our newest pastime consists of singing to Silas until he shows us his new array of smiles. Matthew discovered this newest ability when he began singing a classical ballad... I won't embarrass him by naming the lyrics. It doesn't matter how tired you are, this will make everything better! I mean come on. Are you still having a bad day? Did that make it better yet!? Had my  first few outing without the little man to go to coffee, dance, and this beautiful woman's wedding shower. Love you Christi! Thanks to my old roomie for some over-sized coffee mugs to start my day right. A cup of joe and the Word make life worth living. This is his favorite gesture.  I think he's solving the world's problems. That a boy Silas. I knew