The 1984 National League Championship Series was played between the San Diego Padres and the Chicago Cubs. San Diego won the series three games to two to advance to the World Series. The 1984 NLCS was the first postseason series EVER for the Padres since the franchise's beginning in 1969. Because Katie Ann Blair arrived in the world in the middle of the series, her father hence forth referred to her as Katie Cub Buster.
Search This Blog
Never say never
It is as easy to use a label maker on objects as it is people. Defined boxes, outstanding balances, or situations that have remained unchanged for decades tend to give off a stench of impossibility. Too often parents and grandparents wonder if we are "scarring" our little ones or if the window of opportunity for long term influence closes after a certain number of years. I can safely say, never say never. I've seen in my own life how people change, relationships change, and circumstances radically change. Recently a wise woman at our church said she prays that she'll never be a "stumbling block" to her grown children. She went on to explain that it may take a terrible situation, a seemingly obvious disaster, or even an immoral experience that brings her sweet offspring to know Jesus. By trying to intervene as loving family members when it seems appropriate can actually hinder the great story God is doing through their lives. Its not up to us to define parameters around each other's stories, nor should we hold people to labels or boxes we ourselves have created.
I'm thrilled to see the barriers that Levi is breaking in his little miraculous life. He has had a great week of doctors appointments, so thank you for those who prayed for him! His feet, albeit small, are getting more stable, and he only has to wear his leg braces at night now! We finally found some shoes with a sole for his size 2 feet (3-6 month old shoes). Thank you Keds!
His appetite is back now that he's been healthy for a week. Sometimes he can even clean his "canal" (the tight groove at the roof of his palate caused by breathing tubes at birth) a little on his own or at least not choke when he mashes food in it (that's when we have the standby toothbrush to clean it for him. He has swallowed pieces of turkey, salmon, and bread without gagging! Also, he's off of baby formula (except the additive to his purred food), and consumes only high-calorie Pediasure via his G-tube for weight-gain. His communicative "babbling" has increased these days too. Healthy Levi is drastically different from sickly Levi, and we are so very thankful to watch him improve so much this week!
A little hand therapy homework- the pincher!
Boy loves to eat!
Show off those old man Keds dude
The only masculine color was clean white!
Had a sweet visit from Gibby this weekend too! We love you!
Some overdue Christmas pics
Thanks Miss Katie for these sweet memories!
I was getting ready for the day when these hooligans came into my room!
Love me some hooligans
Just another day with my three sons and my delicious three cups of coffee.
I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. I really ju...
There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...
Comments
Post a Comment