Skip to main content

Hurdle to Hilarious

The last week has been a bit rough...

But like anything else, there are little glimpses of Heaven to keep you going in the midst of the hard....
When everyone is exhausted...

Something has to happen to bring the laughter back... He LOVED my water bottle.
After a wonderful weekend, this week has been another hurdle.... Poor Levi has been spitting up a lot more, and we are trying different trouble shooting mechanisms to figure out how to keep his meals down. In the meantime, he got a new g-tube button size to hopefully keep that sucker in place. (The button buddy was my own purchase.) :)
Also, his feet are uber sensitive because he can't bang them around anymore; he is kind of hating his new leg braces. We are hopeful that he'll adjust quickly and be ready for the snow board slopes this winter.
The first and only time he's ever been in the bumbo without anything on his legs to hold him back! Go Levi!

I have a feeling Levi is going to have A LOT to say when he starts talking. He definitely likes to do things in his own way at his own time. Not only did he extubate himself from his breathing tube, once upon a time, but now he's figuring out how to slip out of his leg braces when no one is watching. I wish I could read his thoughts because I think he'd be hilariously rolling his eyes at all of us trying to "fix him" our way.

Instead of resenting my lack of sleep this past week, month.... well maybe it's been closer to a year, God continues to give me strength and energy I didn't know I had with Him and with wonderful coffee. :) Levi did great in therapy today, and I was reminded at how blessed we all are when a sweet mama came in with her two boys. Her youngest (like me) was there for therapy, and I noticed that he only had two fingers on one hand and barely two fingers on the other. How quickly we worry about simple things like talking and walking at the correct age when others will never even pause at such hurdles.

Thank you Jesus for getting us through some minor hurdles this week and using hilarious moments to keep us smiling.

Don't worry buddy, it's just like a really big water bottle.

~Hurdle Buster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...