Skip to main content

Thank you!

 
Tonight I walked through the halls of Northside Hospital for a few quiet moments as I tried to digest all that has happened in the last 72 hours. There are times when I feel completely unsure of why so many people have wanted to help me and my family. I wonder why because I think that we haven't experienced any more than anyone else. There are so many around the world facing unimaginable pain that makes my heart hurt. My current troubles don't seem any more significant.
Yet, then I realize that if I were watching someone else go through the uncertainty of losing a child, gaining a disabled child, missing a child, or physical discomfort of any kind, I realize that I'd want to love on that person in any way that I could too. But let me please say that each of you has touched Matthew, me and our boys in ways we cannot express. I know this new journey of hospital visits is just beginning, but I'm so filled with love tonight that I find myself wanting to love on every single nurse, tech, or stranger I pass in the halls. I've never been less occupied with myself and more interested in others than I am right now.
That said, it has been hard to let so many love on me, but I want to thank you because your love, tangible gifts, and prayers have enabled me to love others who are equally hurting in this world. Your love is pouring out of me and enabling me to heal in ways I wouldn't otherwise.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5 says it better than I can:   "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ."
Whatever you are facing today whether you think it's worthy of calling a trouble or not, know that love is everywhere, and God's love can truly give you joy and purpose in every moment. We aren't here very long, whether a few hours, a few years, or a few decades, so know that you are loved dearly, and I thank God for you. 
Matthew and I believe prayer is a real a powerful thing. We've seen it change lives, so there's no denying it. If you would like to pray for us, here's what's on our hearts today:
1. Levi's genetic testing that was postponed today, and hopefully will occur tomorrow
2. Levi's heart murmur found today that they say is completely normal but may take time or meds to heal
3. Levi's continued PT sessions and success with his limbs
4. Levi's peace, rest, and growth. And hopefully Katie can hold him soon.
5. The transition Katie will undergo leaving Levi tomorrow to go home
6. Silas' transition as our lives change
7. Katie's desire to be a part of every aspect of both her boys lives. Giving up control to God.
8. Katie's quick healing so she can take care of all three of her boys
9. Matthew's rest and peace as he cares for his family
10. All the people caring for Levi and the lives that will intersect with the Smiths, that they will be joy to all they meet

Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. I will probably keep thanking you, and I know I don't need to, but I don't know how else to tell you we love you and appreciate you!
With love,
CubBuster, Matthew, Silas, and Levi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...