Skip to main content

Dallas Thanksgiving

Another whirlwind start to the holiday season! Thanksgiving was filled with busy moving and lots o' eatin. I'm so thankful Matthew and I could make the 12 hour drive to Dallas (and thankful we made it back home safely) to meet my new nephew and chill with my old nephew, well he's not quite two yet...Oh and see some other family members that are barely pictured here because these boys were the focus of everyone's attention. 

Big brother Easton was adorable with little Tanner. He kept giving him kisses and whenever he'd cry, Easton would say... "uh oh, baby".  He's working on sentence completion  right now.
Tanner looks just like Easton did- sweet, cute, and edible.
I got a little practice of my own while I was there. Man am I glad we are just starting with one child at a time!
I couldn't love him more. I wish we lived closer!
We all took Easton to the Gaylord Hotel for the "Ice" exhibit. The theme this year was Madagascar. It really is amazing what they can do with large colored blocks of ice. I didn't take any pics of the theme-ice sculptures because I wanted to watch Easton's face the whole time. :)
They keep the exhibit tent at 9 degrees, so parkas had to be part of the deal! 
This was the only part of the show that wasn't colored- A scene of baby Jesus in the manger. I  loved explaining the scene to Easton.
This is my favorite pic- Mommy and Easton thankful for each other.
Easton looked a bit confused, but I think he enjoyed the slide. Is it weird that I liked the slide too?

I had been to the Gaylord in Nashville, but the one in Dallas was pretty incredible!
I love this pic of uncle Matthew and Easton. He was fascinated with Matthew's whiskers and also enjoy putting his finger in his nose right before putting it in Matthew's ear.... I waited to tell Matthew about the nose picking until Easton came down.

Uncle Matt was rocking the No shave-Movember. If Easton didn't look so happy, Matt might look like a sketchy man named Juan stealing a child. Love you uncle Matt! 

Tanner displayed how we all felt by the end of the weekend. ... Pooped. I don't think the Coors Lite had anything to do with his facial expression though. Let's hope not. 
It was finally time on the way home.... Christmas music with a gingerbread latte!!! Matthew and I know how to make a long car ride go by fast. I am so ready to decorate and get in the Christmas spirit now!!! 30 days and counting!



How could you not be thankful for laughter?  So much to give thanks for in this world. We don't even have to look hard.   Happy Thanksgiving!

~Thankful AuntBuster

Comments

  1. You are too cute! Congrats on being an auntie again. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving. We need to do your maternity pictures soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boys are precious...and edible! Love to you, gingerbread latte mama!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...