Skip to main content

Autumn Observances


It was time, fall decorating day! One of my favorite holidays! This was a new addition to the collection thanks to my girl Pink! Love the reminder in the kitchen!


I love these little guys. They joined our family from, the one and only, Hobby Lobby. The burlap French script matches perfectly with our stuff!


Also had to make my annual fall favorite- homemade cranberry, chocolate granola! Mmm


Let me know if you want the recipe.... It's wonderfully good and easy! Now that I make it every fall, the smell just makes me think of the season. 


My precious new nephew was born a couple weeks ago too! We'll definitely have to have autumn birthday parties together in the future!



Speaking of which, Mom and Scotch took us out for my b-day. Lovely dinner and movie night. We were on a wild goose chase to see Taken 2. One theater was sold out for every time, the next theater was flooded (not even a joke, caution tape around the outside and all), but finally, third times the charm! It was good, maybe not worth the good chase though. 


Little baby smith is starting to show him/her self, or maybe I just need to start working out again. Mom and I enjoyed some shopping the next day. It was a wonderful birthday!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I feel SO blessed, and plan to enjoy these last couple years of my twenties to the fullest!  

~AutumnBuster

Comments

  1. ummmm, I missed your birthday? Not cool. I am so sorry!! I want to take you out for a cup of {decaf} joe to celebrate & talk about how cute you are & this wonderful baby smith on the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...