Skip to main content

Getting sad...


This is my last Friday as the Family Support Coordinator at Shepherd Center. It is really starting to make me a little teary. The past 22 months here have been some of the most amazing, difficult, incredible, inspiring and growth-related times of my whole life. Some days were filled with heavy hearts, while others gave way to witnessing literal walking miracles. I've made more friends, laughed more times, and been given an everlasting important perspective that I had never experienced before working at Shepherd. This family-started hospital has left a true imprint on my heart that I can never express my appreciation for enough. WARNING:  .... I'm about to get a little sappy, so if you hate sap, skim over the next couple of sentences....
On a personal level, the past year and a half has been one of the most difficult while one of the most amazing in all my long 25 years of life. Yet, it was truly a gift from God that I was working at a place like Shepherd during this time. Everyone I work with at Shepherd including all the volunteers, patients and families made coming to work an absolute blessing. When you are working in such a bless that gives hope to people in some of their darkest hours, and brings life back to those who thought nothing was left, it presents you with a fresh perspective on what is really worth anything in this life. It is so easy to get consumed with ourselves and make things a bigger deal than they actually are in reality, and I pray that I can bring this perspective with me throughout my entire life. I have gained invaluable experiences and skills with my position at Shepherd, and I am excited to bring all I've learned to the classroom as I seek to make a difference in young lives!

Okay.... enough of the tears. Life is all about change and thus I roll with the punches, change with the wind, and prepare to embark on the next chapter of life...
I know it will be filled with many more challenges, exciting stories and new opportunities to grow!
More to come.....

CubBuster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions

I have had so many people thank me for my honesty on this blog lately. I haven't really thought about my level of truthfulness until those remarks of gratitude were given. I think I naturally wear my heart on my sleeve, and thanks to my upbringing, I often hear the term TMI, which just means I'm obviously not scared to express myself. However, I also believe that when you are going through something difficult, it's much easier to be raw and real in front of others, even complete strangers. Often times, it is these "real" moments that bridge the gap between hearts and allow us to live truth. I must confess, this marathon is really all over the place. It's like I hit mile 7, and I can't believe I'm only at mile 7! This past weekend, I felt covered in prayer, peace, and love. Matthew and I enjoyed a much needed date night, our little Levi enjoyed a quiet and restful weekend, and our big boy had a blast at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  I really ju...

Joy in Pain

There is pain in this world. It comes in different forms. Physical pain, emotional pain, frustrating pain, confused pain, displaced pain, short-lived pain, numbing pain, excruciating pain, sincere pain, unexpected pain. Yet, through it all, there is joy. How? Where? Why is there joy in a world filled with such pain? Is is true joy? Is it fabricated or medicated joy? Is it temporary joy or will it fade with the next whisper of pain? No. I have felt a joy that far outweighs my pain. It's a joy that doesn't make sense mixing with a pain that culminates in reality. It's a joy that couldn't be concocted by even the most elaborate of artists. As I've experienced some of the most intense physical pain during some of the most intense emotional pain, I have noticed and experienced some of the purest forms of joy and peace that cannot be watered down by logic. We lost our second child this week. At just seven weeks old, our precious baby gets to escape a world o...